210 total views, 1 views today
The term hospice care is also known as comfort care and is an alternative way of providing end of life care that has become significantly more popular among Americans in recent years. In hospice care in La Mirada, patients are able to get the care they need for the last days of their life in the privacy and comfort of their homes. It is not the aim of hospice care to cure someone’s illness, but rather to alleviate their symptoms and ease the pain that comes from the illness. Medicine and therapy are normally used to achieve this goal.
In order to qualify for hospice care, you must:
- You may be covered by Medicare Part A, Medicaid, or a private insurance policy
- You will be diagnosed by a doctor with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of six months or less, if the illness runs its normal course
- Must not pursue curative treatment
As a philosophy, hospice is an approach to care that can be applied anywhere. In addition to assisted living facilities, skilled nursing homes, hospitals and hospice centers, hospice care can also be given at home in La Mirada, CA. Hospice care tends to be provided primarily at the place where the patient resides. The primary purpose of hospice is to provide you with the same benefit you would experience in a hospital, but at the comfort of your own home. In this case, you are going to be receiving medicine, medical equipment, and supplies delivered to your home in La Mirada, CA.
Additionally, the patient and the family will also have access to a team of interdisciplinary professionals who will assist them. Among the team members are doctors, nurses, therapists, counselors, home health aides, and volunteers. It is necessary for the interdisciplinary team to create a holistic environment in which the patient and their family can receive support on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level.
As the primary caregiver, it is normal for this person to be one of the family members or close friends who is assigned the major part of the non-medical tasks. In addition to changing the briefs, clothes, and preparing the meals, there are also times when medications may need to be given. In the event that a family member is not capable of taking on the role of caregiver, then there are two other options. It is possible to hire a home care agency and get a private caregiver to take care of your loved one in La Mirada, CA. There is also the option of being moved into a nursing home, where there will be a 24-hour caretaker available.
Hospice Services in La Mirada, CA
- Manages pain and symptoms
- Assists with emotional, psychosocial and spiritual aspects
- Provides medicine, medical equipment, and medical supplies
- Provides the caregiver and family with material on how to care for the patient
- Physical therapy, speech therapy, music and art therapy
- Short-term in patient care is available. For when patients face a crisis which is defined as uncontrollable pain and symptoms at home.
- Respite care is provided for caregivers who need to take a break
- Bereavement care and counseling to patient, family, and friends
It is suggested that hospice care should be considered in the case of people whose terminal illnesses are reaching their final stages. People can benefit from such care in helping them live out their final days in as much comfort and peace as possible. Besides treating symptoms, hospice care teams in La Mirada also conduct regular consultations with family members and provide support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Also, they assist terminally ill people and their loved ones as they explore difficult issues concerning the care they receive at the end of life.
You can obtain further information about hospice services by contacting Hospice Valley of La Mirada, CA at (818) 433-0068. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are you seeking hospice care?
Receive care from one of the highest rated providers