Who is Eligible for Hospice Care?
If your doctor has determined that a patient has 6 months or less to live, they are able to qualify for hospice care at home. The patient is normally given a prescription by the doctor for hospice care. You can also qualify if you call us at (818)433-0068. Our doctor or RN will do a free in home assessment in Los Angeles. Below are some indicators that may qualify you or your loved one for hospice care.
- Decreased Appetite/ Weight loss and Malnutrition
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Increased hospitalization and worsening symptoms
- Difficult with ADL’s and performance is decreasing
- Not responding well to medications or treatments
- Recurring infections
- Deteriorating mental abilities
- Increase in weakness
- Heart Failure
- Failure to thrive
- Liver Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease